No Products in the Cart
SKECHERS INVITATIONAL - PICKLEBALL TOURNAMENT
Date : Saturday, 25th & Sunday, 26th November 2023
Time : 8.00 am – 9.00 pm
Venue: Dewan Sri Putra, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur
Registration Close Date: Sunday, 19th November 2023
This club-level tournament is open to all Malaysians. All outstation participants are required to arrange their own transport and accommodation. The organising committee or the sponsors reserve the right to change, postpone or cancel the tournament without prior notice and will not be responsible for any cost incurred by the participants. The registration fees will be refunded should the tournament be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
1. All participants are required to register at the registration desk on the event day with his/her original IC & to sign a waiver form (& consent form where applicable). Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the tournament.
2. All participants will be entitled to a goodie bag per registration. Refunds of participation fees will not be allowed in the event of duplication.
3. A change of partner is allowed in the event that a medical letter can be presented to prove that the individual is prohibited from joining the tournament. Any changes, however has to be made before the closing date of 19 Nov 2023.
4. Participants are encouraged to pre-register and sign the waiver form on Friday at the venue. If participants are unable to do so, participants are able to do so on the day of the tournament.
5. Skechers Malaysia and the Tournament Organising Committee reserve the right to make the final decision on all matters in relation to the tournament should there be any dispute.
Limited to 24 teams for each category, first-come-first-served.
RM80 per team of 2 for each category
Each participant can take part in not more than 2 categories. Players aged 19 and below are eligible to participate subject to organiser’s approval and parents’ consent.
Doubles (Open: 19+)
Doubles (Masters: 50+)
Saturday, 25th November
- Men’s Doubles Masters
- Women’s Doubles Masters
- Mixed Doubles Open
Sunday, 26th November
- Men’s Doubles Open
- Women’s Doubles Open
- Mixed Doubles Masters
Rally Scoring - up to 21 points (no lock); the first to 21 points wins the match
Combined Draw/Round Robin/Double Elimination
(subject to the number of entries per category)
In Round-Robin Stage, top 2 teams will move forward to the next round, based on the number of matches won. If two or more teams are tied, ties will be resolved in the following order:
1st Tie Breaker:
Comparing Overall Points Differential
2nd Tie Breaker:
Comparing Points Differential between the tied teams
3rd Tie Breaker:
Point differential in the 1st match, then the 2nd match & so on.
Walkover: Teams who are 5 minutes late or do not turn up for their matches will forfeit their matches; their opponents will be awarded a walkover with a score of 21-0/0-21
The tournament rules will be based on 2023 USA Pickleball Rulebook. However, the Tournament Organising Committee has the right to make a final decision on any dispute or other matters that may arise.
1st Place (Gold Medal) – RM 1000 cash + RM 800 Skechers vouchers
2nd Place (Silver Medal) – RM 700 cash + RM 600 Skechers vouchers
3rd Place (Bronze Medal) – RM 500 cash + RM 400 Skechers vouchers
Paddles: USA Pickleball Approved Paddles
Balls: Odysportsz -40- Balls (USA Pickleball Approved)
Tournament Software: Pickleball Global
Mr Farrell Choo (Tel. 017-8671203)
Delima Ibrahim (Tel. 012-8830407)
Wai Li Choong (Tel. 013-3888282)
Recommended Hotels Near the Venue: